Wednesday, July 1, 2015

"Rear Window" photographs

The classic Hitchcock film, "Rear Window", came out in 1954 and starred James Stewart as a photographer who had broken his leg while photographing. His leg cast makes him immobile while he is confined to his apartment during recuperation. From the rear window of his apartment to pass the time he observes the daily life of city dwellers in nearby apartments, and at one point begins to believe that he has witnessed a murder.

I had reason to re-watch this film recently because I had an operation to replace a hip a couple days ago and now find myself a home-bound photographer for my initial recuperation. I wanted to keep the blog going and, remembering "Rear Window" decided to take photos using the light or scenes from my apartment windows for the brief period I will be recuperating and unable to venture out to photograph. Ahhh...the things we do to keep occupied.

Below is one of the first photos I planned, two glasses of wine reflecting a view of city and Empire State Building upside-down at dusk.

Taken with the Fuji X-T1 and 50-140mm f/2.8 lens wide open. 
If you haven't already seen "Rear Window", I highly recommend it as one of the best films ever made. I watched it again on my tablet while still in the hospital recuperating.

3 comments :

  1. How apropos. I'll have to watch that next time I'm down for the count. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image! Cheers to a speedy recovery...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon Tom! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    John

    ReplyDelete