Thursday, July 2, 2015

Rear Window - #2 Double Exposures with the Fuji X-T1

Continuing on with my "Rear Window" project, I was playing around with the Fuji X-T1.  I accidentally switched it into double-exposure mode and took a few photos. I ended up liking what I saw and decided to explore the feature some more.

First problem with the double-exposure feature is that it only records in jpg, and I would have preferred a RAW image so I could tweak the it later in post-processing.  What I ended up doing is using the double-exposure feature to pre-visualize the image, and then switched over to record in RAW for a final capture of two images that I later combined in Photoshop. This gave me much more control of the color, contrast, and positioning of the two photos.

This image was an actual in-camera double exposure. I liked it the way it was and left it that way. 

For this image I played around with some double exposures of the scene for placement of the Empire State Building upon the scene. I then took two separate photos and combined them so I could fine-tune the adjustments. 

No comments :

Post a Comment